Friday, October 31, 2008

2nd BFA Project

The idea behind this next project was to incorporate the technology of Da Vinci in an atmosphere post renaissance. We were to be inspired by the stories of the black plague and create ideas and inventions from this. My basic idea was the fight or flight response to epidemics. Either you are going to try and escape or stay and protect yourself. We had to choose another time period other than the 1500's to present day and I chose Victorian for the simple fact that I love steampunk and the designs would incorporate Da Vinci's designs well. Here is the first roughed pass. I only had a week to get these up after I had a couple vis devers designs my initial ideas. I will post my final revisions after the project is complete.

Monday, October 20, 2008

First BFA Assignment

Here are the props I did for BFA for the novel Water for Elephants.The designer I was supposed to emulate in 3D was Willie Real. Although I don't think I really accomplished the translation from 2D to 3D nevertheless here they are. I still have to work on dirtying up the textures and lighting. The crate needs more geo the edges to make them look ripped. Both the phone and Trombone have movable parts. If you notice the Trombone is a silhouette of an elephant i had the general idea and with the help of the Viz Dev Artist Anthony Ashton I was able to build not only the tromphant but also the wagon which sadly I couldnt finish because the file was corrupt. I have a past save that is hours back from a finished model so I can go back and try if I find the time between all the other things I have to do. I have the turnarounds posted below but these are much better resolution to see what actually involved in the models.

Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Rancor Concept

Well now that the modeling phase of my 3D character class is done its time for the concept pose. I tried to push the pose of the rancor as far as it can go. This no doubt will be difficult to do since his anatomy is kinda weird. Anywho here it is!!! Below is a test in ZBrush of just his head.