Wednesday, September 16, 2009
Working on a 3d version of myself. I plan to also have a terminator twist to it if time allots. I have one play catch up with the class and two working full-time, doing freelance and a single mom. But here is my head as of now..... Will post the finished project.
Monday, July 27, 2009
Seeing as I have to commute 40 minutes both way each day... I draw. It's hard. Amidst the rough ride, people ducking from your view and the same somber emotion over and over... I manage. I have another sketchbook filled with people from BART but here is the latest...
Monday, May 18, 2009
So the end of the long journey has left me satisfied that one Im capable of making a professional quality piece and that I can work thru: Crazy deadlines, being burnt out, senoritis, school an internship and my parental responsibilities. Lets not forget the mention the time I spent cleaning up, checking emails and doing other errands to work around the stress of having to much to do. I know now I can accomplish anything. I have the ability to push thru and get what needs to be done.
Sunday, May 17, 2009
Close to the finals..... I will put all my detailed shots of her pending the submission. So far im making leaps to the finish but she has so many little things that have to be fixed first. My Alphas arent working in areas I had had planned and each render is taking over 7 minutes!!!! I could do a draft render but what im looking for is in the details.
Here is her face updated...a bit more progressed than last time.
Tuesday, May 5, 2009
Here is a screenshot of progress to the finish.... Today Im creating the base from start to finish. A funnel web over a cavernous floor with stalagmites/stalagtites ancohring the web. Should be ready within in a few day to start finishing touches on all texturing/zbrush etc.
Tuesday, April 28, 2009
Last project for 129A is Dominance War 4. I hope to have this completed in the time I have left at SJSU. It would be a shame and anticlimatic if I would wane my efforts and stumble at the finish line. Any who its gonna come down to the wire....
here is the concept model and zbrush beginnings....
Friday, April 17, 2009
Thursday, April 16, 2009
As my schooling is coming to a close I have many things that have been updated or im working on them concurrently. Here is some portfolio pages and the up to minute turn of my cannery row concept DOC. I have the concept next to the almost finished piece. He still has to be texturted more and rigged, lit..... a ways to go!. 4 more weeks and I graduate. Yikes!
Saturday, April 4, 2009
here are some super quick painting I did to convey a concept for dominance war 4. Right now they are far from finished. I think I will be blending the two together. Im not sure how far i want to take it. The finished piece will hopefully be done by Monday pending critiques and brainstorms. For a more update look at where i am.....
Friday, March 13, 2009
Unless there anything else im missing this is rancor again final based on ACME suggestions after it was approved. Yay! I moved up a level!
Saturday, March 7, 2009
Honestly this project didn't go as well as I had hoped. The plan was to have some really solid pieces and well I was disappointed with what I came out with. Each piece to me I feel needs work. especially lighting. Right now I have to put these on hold for the next project and for Dominance war. By then I hope to have these removed from using in my portfolio. I really wish I had more time for everything I'm doing.
Tuesday, March 3, 2009
Well here is my second and final pass. Im happy with the output and submitted last night. I had some feedback on what to change like his eyes. I will do that for my portfolio/reel and soon. I think I will embrace more of the Meso American Indian over the Native American just as preference but that requires adding in adornments. The symbol is of Game Artisans and is incorporated in paint over his eye. His name is Re Pe'. Pe' being an indian word for animated. This image was rendered from Maya not zbrush.
Wednesday, February 25, 2009
My original idea was to go with something crazy horse esk, but with the limitations on the mesh. I have to make alterations. Ive decided on going a more zombie route which will resolve some silhoutte issues and make it more cool and fun. :D
Thursday, February 19, 2009
Here is my concept for my last BFA project. He is a quick z brushed model I did to convey the idea. A animorphic male with an octopus blend. More details to come as the project heats up and the finalconcept is approved.